Do you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with the latest streaming technologies and standards, combining a high level of creativity with a genuine passion for new technology and methods?
Would you like to work in a great office with clients from all over the world?
Well, then we are very much interested in you!
Based in the center of Amsterdam with customers like HBO, BBC, Foxtel and Globo, Unified Streaming is an innovative and agile company on the leading edge of video streaming technology.
Our support engineers work closely with our Development and Sales teams to solve customer issues, develop solutions and help the pre-sales process.
The function of streaming support engineer comprises, but is not limited to, the following.
- Provide support on the various Unified Streaming products (using Freshdesk ticket system, email or phone)
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk customers through a series of actions until they have solved the reported issue or established how to solve it
- Escalate unresolvable issues to the appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Guide users to relevant documentation
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Creation of demonstration setups (e.g. VOD, Live, DRM, Remix and their workflows) and documentation thereof
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Offer proactive communication to clients, account managers, team leads and project managers
In short, maintain the overview and manage incoming questions by either solving them or delegate.
- Comfortable with Linux and its various distributions and using command line tools
- Understand the concept of a web server and how to set up and configure one (Apache and/or Nginx)
- Understanding of networking (TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP)
- Previous experience in a technical support role
- Experience with video and audio encoding
- Scripting languages for automation of tasks (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Experience working with major cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Understanding of CDNs for caching and optimizing content delivery
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with container orchestration tools (e.g. Kubernetes)
In return we offer a great package, training, a worldwide network of clients and lots of opportunity to make your job a special one.
We're looking for someone preferably already in Amsterdam and please note there is no visa sponsorship available for this position.
(And for an impression of our office see http://www.unified-streaming.com/careers.)